Too Cold In Winter, Too Hot In Summer?
15 March 2016
Equinox solid roofing ensures your conservatory is just right, the whole year round
Back when conservatories were all the rage and many of us rushed to add these affordable extra living spaces onto the back of our homes, we overlooked one critical problem. And that was the fact that the glazed (or more commonly, polycarbonate) roof that lets heat pour in during the summer also tends to let it pour out in the winter.
Even with the introduction of newer, better insulating plastics and composites that can help reduce extremes of temperature, many people still live with the perennial problem of a conservatory that’s too cold to use in the winter and too hot for comfort in the summer.
In fact, it was only after the arrival of lightweight solid roofs to truly limit solar gain and heat loss that the conservatory became a useable room the family could properly enjoy, all year round.
As you’d expect, Eurocell, as one of the UK’s biggest conservatory manufacturers, has led the way in designing and refining solid roof systems for conservatories.
The result is Equinox tiled conservatory roofs. A prefabricated, insulating roof that can be fitted as part of a new build design, or used to replace the tired, inefficient plastic roof on your existing conservatory.
Equinox combines an aluminium frame, super-efficient insulation infills and realistic uPVC tiles in a sturdy, solid roof that’s light enough to sit on a conventional uPVC conservatory structure.
One that can be fitted and weatherproof in less than a day and finished in less than 48 hours. And which is an impressive 10 times more energy efficient than any A-rated double glazing unit to make your conservatory much cheaper to heat.
Learn more about the features and benefits of an Equinox solid roof with our ‘at a glance’ guide:
1.Equinox lets you make the most of your living space.
- Maintains a pleasant, even temperature in your conservatory for year round use.
- Reduces noise from rain, roads and aircraft
- Provides a stylish, vaulted roof you can finish with plasterboard or tongue and groove
2. Equinox saves energy and money.
- Super-efficient insulation reduces heating bills in winter
- Lower energy consumption for a smaller carbon footprint
- U-values as low as 0.15, or 10 times the efficiency of an A-rated window
3. Equinox is quick and easy for builders to install
- Prefabricated system saves time and money
- Fully installed in as little as 48 hours
- Minimal disruption to your home
- Reduced exposure of your conservatory interior to the elements.
4. Equinox can be designed to suit all types of conservatories:
- Lean to
5. Equinox offers a wide choice of UPVC roof tile colours to make your new conservatory roof look like part of your home, including:
- Antique Red
- Burnt Umber
- Moss Green
- Brick Red
6. Equinox is hard wearing and long lasting
- Full 10 year guarantee on roof system
- 50 year guarantee on selected UPVC tiles
To learn more about Equinox, or to speak to one of our team about arranging a survey with a Eurocell partner near you, call us on 0333 333 6525.