PVC-U Thermal Inserts
PVC-U Thermal Inserts from Eurocell are the cost-effective, thermally efficient, easy-to-handle and sustainable alternative to steel and aluminium profile reinforcements. Made entirely from recycled PVC-U, these advanced inserts are the sustainable way to create high-performance, energy-efficient windows to meet legislative requirements and market demand.
Why choose UPVC thermal window inserts?
- Manufactured from 100% recycled material – it's the environmentally responsible way to reinforce your window profiles.
- Save time in the fabrication process compared to metal alternatives – PVC-U Thermal Inserts can be cut, fixed and welded while in the frame, with no need for the separate cutting and inserting operations required with metal inserts.
- Easier and safer to handle than metal alternatives.
- Improve thermal efficiency for higher energy-rated windows, while adding structural rigidity.
- Create a completely recyclable window frame – making it quicker and easier to recycle frames at the end of their life.
- Fully compatible with Eurocell Eurologik and Ultimate 70 profile systems.
- British Board of Agrément (BBA) tested to BS6375 for air-permeability, water and wind specifications.
- Comprehensive fabrication guidelines available.
Unrivalled structural strength from a UPVC insert
As well as delivering the enhanced energy efficiency and recyclability required to meet Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM guidelines, Eurocell PVC-U Thermal Inserts achieve previously unequalled structural strength and rigidity for metal-free UPVC window frames. Our Thermal Inserts have been tested by the BBA to BS EN6375, achieving impressive results. The tests showed that casement windows can be fabricated using Eurocell Thermal Inserts up to a maximum height of 1500mm and width of 750mm for a single side-hung window – a significant increase over the previous maximum possible in frames without metal reinforcements.