The desire for more space is reflected in our changing lifestyles with nearly half (47%) of house hunters looking for a property with more space.
What was once considered a spacious home decades ago may now feel cramped due to the rise of remote work and the growing importance of leisure and wellness activities. Homeowners are now looking for multi-functional rooms that can seamlessly transform from a home office during the day to a cosy snug in the evening.
The long-term investment potential of properties with ample space is also a key selling point, appealing to a wide range of potential buyers.
To celebrate the launch of EurXtensions, our new #EUREXTRAROOM campaign reveals what UK homeowners would love to use some extra space for. As well as this, we’re also giving you the opportunity to win a one-on-one session with an interior designer – more on this below.
What do we really need the extra room for?
Of the 2,000 homeowners we surveyed, the rooms they’d most like to add are:
1. Office – 34%
2. Gym – 26%
3. Reading room – 24%
4. Snug – 23%
5. Dining room – 22%
6. Arts and crafts – 18%
7. Playroom – 15%
8. Yoga room – 13%
With this in mind, more than half (55%) in the survey said they’d considered getting an extension built on their home to create extra space for their family. But of those who’ve considered it, the cost (62%) was the main reason for holding them back from following through with it. Other reasons for not going ahead were the risk of the price changing during the build (30%) and the hassle and mess it would cause (25%).
One in five homeowners with conservatories in our survey regret having their conservatory built, 21% think it’s a waste of space, and 31% want to upgrade it.
Our #EUREXTRAROOM competition
To celebrate our new conservatory replacement offering we have launched a social competition; which gives you the chance to transform your unused space by winning a consultation with an interior designer and £1,000 worth of John Lewis vouchers.
All you need to do is head to our Facebook or Instagram pages, follow, like and comment on the competition post with what you would like to turn your extra room into. Whether that be a home office, gym or even a playroom! The competition will run from 21st August and you have until 11:59 on 30th August to enter.
Eurocell Instagram & Facebook Giveaway T&Cs
1. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to the follow Terms & Conditions.
2. The competition will start on 21st August at 10.00am and end on 30th August at 11:59pm – this is subject to change and can be extended at any given time by Eurocell. Any entries made after Eurocell announces the competition is closed will not be counted.
3. The competition will run across Instagram and Facebook.
4. To enter on Facebook comment what you would like to do with your unused space. To enter on Instagram & follow, like our post, share to your story and comment what you would like to do with your unused space.
5. Winners chosen by public vote and will be contacted by Eurocell ONLY via Instagram or Facebook message.
6. The competition is being run by Eurocell and is not affiliated with any other account or platform.
7. There is only one main prize available.
8. The prize is £1,000 worth of John Lewis vouchers and a consultation with an interior designer including a mood board and shopping list.
9. No cash alternative.
10. Prize is non-transferrable.
11. Entrants must be over the age of 18 to enter this competition.
12. Open to UK residents only.
13. The winner must redeem their prize within 10 days of prize notification. Failure to redeem the prize will result in an alternate winner being selected.
14. The winner will receive their prize within 60 days of competition closure.
15. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Eurocell reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified as soon as possible.
16. By entering this competition entrants agree to be contacted by Eurocell and have imagery of progress and after shots shared.
17. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final.
Eurocell independently surveyed 2,000 UK homeowners in July 2023.