Closed loop recycling. End to end sustainability.
The future of PVC-U recycling
PVC-U is a highly sustainable product, robust enough to be recycled and repurposed up to 10 times without its quality or performance deteriorating. At our recycling plants, we process up to 40,000 old UPVC window frames per week, or around 27,000 tonnes per year. Once recycled, it is used to create a variety of new products, from thermal inserts to our revolutionary Modus window system. By doing this we are able to reuse almost 100% of our production waste.
Our 360 approach
• Our PVC-U Thermal Inserts and Cavalok systems are 100% recycled PVC-U
• Modus window system available in 100% recycled PVC-U
• 40,000 end of life frames recycled per week
• Almost 100% of production waste reused
• No landfill charges for trade customers
• Our environmental systems have ISO 14001 accreditation
Reduced cost and energy consumption, better performance
Wherever possible, we offer a ‘closed loop’ service, reengineering the PVC-U taken from old frames to make new windows, doors and building products for the same supplier. The process uses less energy and gives customers a high performance, more efficient product. We will even collect PVC-U waste from fabricators free of charge for processing at our recycling plant, or directly from trade customers enabling them to avoid costly landfill charges.