Time To Get FIT
19 May 2017
Chris Coxon, Head of Marketing, Eurocell gives 10 reasons why no-one should miss this year’s FIT Show at the NEC, May 23rd to 25th.
- It’s the FIT Show. If you missed last year’s show in Telford, then you missed – and we can’t quite believe we’re saying this about a trade show – a treat! It really was rather special – the attendance was healthy; the visitors were engaged – and engaging; the exhibitors had treated the show with due respect and there were many impressive stands; and the organization was excellent. Overall, there was just a great vibe to it. Of course, the move to the NEC may change the dynamic, but let’s hope not.
- Eurocell! This year’s FIT Show sees us focus in on four of our most popular ranges – including some great new range additions – namely Skypod, Modus, Dales Collection composite doors and our market-leading conservatory collection.
- It’s the NEC. Sorry Telford, you’re a decent town set in a lovely part of the country; but you’re just not that easy to get to. Well: not as easy as the NEC anyway. Plus it has the advantage of hotels on site, and being a short hop into Brum proper, where more accommodation and all manner of other delights await.
- Eurocell! Fresh to the market is the Skypod Acute roof lantern. As the name suggests, the new addition features a steeper pitch at 35 degree – 15 more than the current design. The new 35 degree pitch is strikingly different to the standard, making it more suitable for commercial applications such as schools, hospitals and offices, where this pitch is better suited to larger, multi-storey buildings. This market tends to be dominated by aluminum, and the new Skypod provides an aesthetic and cost-effective sales alternative. Also, be ready for the announcement of our new Skypod Express collection too!
- Bathams. Darren, a Brummie lad and Bar Manager at London’s famous celeb-haunt The Ivy, reckons that local brew Best from Bathams (based in Dudley) is one of the top bitters in the UK about now. And he should know. It’s not that widely available, and not to be found in central Birmingham as such, so keep your eyes open. http://www.bathams.co.uk/
- Eurocell! We recently extended our popular Dales Collection range of composite doors to increase and improve aesthetic choice, security and resilience. The three new panel designs – the Elton, Hartington and Newhaven – deliver ‘on trend’ farmhouse and contemporary styles and are complemented by six further glass patterns to further increase choice for the specifier, developer and end-user.
- The Specials. Hang around until Friday and the NEC plays host to those Coventry funsters, the ska-tastic Specials. Not only that, they are being supported legendary reggae heroes Toots and The Maytals. No Pressure (Drop) to visit the Eurocell stand, yet Stand D20 is Our Number (those were for the Toots fans out there).
- Eurocell! Watch this space for future developments, as we’ll be previewing an industry-first: our Tiled Conservatory Roof Approved Installer Scheme for Equinox. This will be the first independently audited and accredited tiled/ warm roof installation scheme, which will include a 2-year workmanship (Installation) insurance-backed warranty.
- The National Motorcycle Museum. It’s been there forever, hasn’t it? 1984 actually and those of us who have ever been regular visitors to the NEC must have driven past it dozens of times. But how many of us have ever been? Exactly – so make it this year, when you can see over 800 classic bikes, including the legendary 1938 Brough Superior Golden Dream, one of the most valuable motorcycles in the world.
- Eurocell! Finally, the stand will also show for the first time our brand new additional conservatory range – namely the Lusso internal pelmet and Highline Gutter System. With a striking depth of up to 413mm, the Lusso pelmet combines with the added height and depth of the Highline Gutter to create an on-trend orangery effect from standard components.