Cavalok Cavity Closers and Window Formers
Increase the insulation and thermal values of any property - housing, public sector, commercial, or industrial - with our outstanding window and door cavity closers. Manufactured from post-consumer recycled material and BBA certified, Cavalok cavity closers can be used with masonry, timber, and steel. They are the simplest and most effective way to seal cavities around wall openings, and provide a rigid template for bricklaying and window or door installation.
Cavalok qualities at a glance
Provides a damp-proof course
Simplifies brickwork (no return bricks needed)
Provides thermal break
Prevents condensation damage
Reduces heat loss and CO2 emissions
Meets Accredited Construction Details regulations
Compliant with Part L of Building Regulations
Multiple outstanding cavity closers
Cavalok cavity closers enable brick courses to be completed and create an air-tight receiver for windows and doors. So whatever the size or make-up of a wall, you can now quickly and cost-effectively close the cavity at window and door openings – instantly increasing a property’s thermal efficiency and reducing its energy bills.
- Standard Window Closers are perfect for new build projects with cavities ranging from 50mm - 300mm.
- Specialist Entrance Door Closers are designed for use on Jambs in door openings, the product encompasses an engineered insulation for more robustness and extra fixing strength for doors.
- FlameBlok Fire Rated Cavity Closer is suitable for cavities up to 150mm and acts as a cavity barrier to Part B, Table A1 of Building Regulations.
- Trade Closer is ideal for refurbishment projects, with a slotted design perfect for cavities measuring 50mm-100mm.
- Overhead vent profile Eliminates the need for unsightly through-frame ventilation with a profile to maximise airflow.
Standard Window Closers
BBA certified and fully approved by the NHBC, the Cavalok Universal Cavity Closer is tailor made to your specification with every order. Easily fitted in cavities measuring between 50mm and 100mm, it is designed with bracing options, moulded corners, and brick wall ties. Unique frame hangers, window board receptors, and overhead ventilation complete the package. Combined, these intelligent features make it a suitable choice for all window systems.
Specialist Entrance Door Closers
Cavalok Specialist Entrance Door Closers are designed specifically for Entrances where doors need to be set back into the cavity to meet building regulations. The product encompasses a Hybrid Insulation that can be direct fixed into ensuring a strong secure fix for Doors and avoid the normal need for call backs to re fix. 100mm to 150mm available from stock.
FlameBlok Fire-Rated Cavity Closer
Tested by Chiltern International and found to provide at least 60 minutes’ fire integrity and a minimum of 45 minutes’ fire insulation with timber insulation, and 90 minutes’ integrity and insulation in masonry, FlameBlok Fire-Rated Cavity Closer creates a continuous fire-rated ring around the opening. Manufactured from 100% post-consumer recycled PVC-U for minimal environmental impact, it meets BS EN 1363 standards and is suitable for cavity sizes up to 150mm.
- Cavity barrier to Part B, Table A1 of Building Regulations
- Reduces fire risk during construction
- Superior thermal performance
- Saves on-site labour
- In testing, timber frames fail before FlameBlok
Trimmed to the cavity width and retro-fitted into new build or refurbishment cavity walls, Trade Closer provides a damp-proof course and a thermal break at door and window openings. Trade Closer can be nailed to brick or block walls before final sealant and plasterboard finishing. Position windows at least 30mm over the cavity for optimum performance.
- Meets Accredited Construction Details
- Closes cavity at sills and jambs
- Made from post-consumer recycled PVC-U
- Easy fix: clout nail to brick or blockwork
- Thermal break to prevent condensation
- Increases energy-efficient construction
- Suitable for new builds and refurbs
Whether it’s deepest winter or the height of summer, buildings require a regular and fresh source of air to keep them well ventilated and comfortable.
Eliminating the need for unsightly through-frame ventilation, the new Eurocell Overhead Vent provides an attractive slimline over-frame ventilation profile that maximises airflow and minimises fabrication and because it vents over the window frame, it makes it easier to meet the requirements of Part F Building Regulations.
Check spec sheets, CAD drawings, data sheets, certifications, and more in our Technical Hub – so your next project goes without a hitch.
Cavity Closers FAQs
Here at Eurocell Home, we believe making improvements to your home should be easy, and that you shouldn’t have to break the bank to do them. That’s why we’ve worked tirelessly for years to produce high-quality products, that offer excellent value for money.