Code 4 - 1.80mm.
Suitable for Flashings, soakers, pitched valley gutters, canopies, and vertical cladding.
Recycling and lead go hand in hand. Not only is our machine cast lead made from 100% recycled lead, but it can be recycled again and again. It is a very efficient recycling process too – lead has a comparatively low melting point, so that means a lower carbon footprint.
Most lead roofing installations have a rating of A or A+ in the BRE Green Guide. So you and your clients will benefit from buying one of the greenest building materials on the market.
Machine cast lead is an incredibly efficient weather-proofing material:
- Unlike rolled lead, machine cast lead has a clean non-oily finish, so it’s ready for use straight away.
- Machine cast lead can be fitted in all weather – that is not possible with other non-lead weatherproofing materials.
- Once fitted, machine cast lead just needs a single coat of patination oil – then you can forget all about it – it won’t stain or deteriorate.
- British Board of Agreement (certificate no. 86/1764) - 60-year guarantee
- The European Construction Products Regulation (CPR) – our machine cast lead is CE marked to BS EN 14783.
- The National House Building Council (NHBC)
- The Local Authority Building Control (LABC)
Machine cast lead is wonderfully versatile. It is the green, durable roofing material of choice in the construction trade. It is the safe choice for the construction of lead-lined boards in the healthcare sector. And it’s an effective noise stopper used for soundproofing and can protect against radiation too.