Achieving more in sustainability:
Towards carbon ‘zero’ construction
Sustainability is a key issue for everyone involved in the construction industry. In the UK, buildings are responsible for producing around half the nation’s total CO2 emissions. It’s for this reason the government has set strict targets across the sector with the aim of reducing its carbon footprint and encouraging more efficient, sustainable practices. The result of this is that by 2018, all new build homes and commercial properties will be carbon neutral. As the UK's largest manufacturer of UPVC building components, Eurocell are here to answer the needs of the industry with our range of high performance, energy efficient products.
For more information about UPVC recycling visit our sister site, merrittplastics.co.uk
Careful planning and design play a major role in reducing a building’s long-term environmental impact. The same can also be said for the products used in their construction.
As approximately 20% of a building’s heat is lost through its windows, we believe it’s our job to constantly look for ways we can deliver better, more sustainable performance – both with our products and our company practices. We are proud to say that when it comes to sustainability, we are leading the field.
- Market-leading British Fenestration Ratings Council (BFRC) ‘A’ rated and U-value window performance.
- The highest BFRC energy-efficiency rating of any double-glazed PVC-U window in the UK (A+14)
- Environmental management systems with ISO14001 accreditation.
- Our PVC-U windows can be recycled up to ten times, giving them a lifespan of over 300 years.
- 12,000+ tonnes of reclaimed PVC-U is repurposed each year.
- All products manufactured and recycled in the UK.
- 3,000 tonnes of our production waste is recycled each year, almost 100%.
- your description goes here