The energy crisis has had an impact on every home in the UK. Charges have risen faster than in anyone’s lifetime, adding thousands of pounds every year on to the typical household bill. Large-scale government interventions have been necessary and many people are looking at every element of their energy use in a bid to keep costs manageable.
But one relatively simple upgrade - the addition of UPVC windows - can make a significant difference to a home’s energy use, increasing a property’s thermal efficiency and reducing its energy bills instantaneously.
UPVC windows are the energy efficient option
Compared to traditional windows, there’s no doubt that UPVC windows offer better thermal performance. Newer UPVC windows also offer significant upgrades on older double-glazed UPVC installations, with advances in technology and manufacturing processes delivering multi-chambered profiles, triple glazing, and enhanced energy efficiency.
UPVC windows are specifically designed to reduce heat loss and prevent drafts, with the air trapped between the two glass panels in UPVC double-glazed windows crucial for adding an extra layer of insulation. That insulation helps to keep more heat in your property in the winter and reduces the amount of energy needed to keep your home warm and cosy. And in the summer, the reverse is true: UPVC windows can help to keep heat out of your property.
In contrast, traditional windows with wooden frames often have poor insulation and can be prone to air leaks, resulting in higher energy costs.
Choosing the right UPVC windows for your home
Investing in UPVC windows is a prudent decision at any time. But in the middle of the ongoing energy crisis, it’s an even wiser choice.
All Eurocell’s UPVC windows come with a minimum 10-year guarantee and the peace of mind that comes from knowing they are manufactured to ISO14001 standards. Our extensive range features styles to suit any home, including:
- Logik UPVC windows offer an A+ energy rating as well as three different styles and a range of appealing colours.
- Modus UPVC windows offer the modern flush look you get from aluminium windows and come with a distinctive slimline style and a 12-year guarantee.
- Vertical sliding sash windows, which combine cottage-style looks (great for period properties where you want to maintain the look of the original sash window) with modern thermal efficiency.
- Reversible UPVC windows, which offer a unique 180-degree reversible action for easy cleaning.
- Tilt and turn UPVC windows, which are perfect for multi-storey properties and are available in 30+ colours.
View our full range of UPVC windows today and take the first step to lowering your energy bills with a more thermally efficient home.